Laminate Veneer is also known as leaf porcelain and is one of the dental care procedures used in smile design or smile aesthetics applications. It is produced specially by taking measurements from the patient and consists of a thin and solid layer in the form of a leaf. With this application, which is the most preferred among aesthetic dental applications recently, smile design can be made in a very practical way and happy smiles can be obtained. You can also get a quality service at Side Dental Center, which provides oral and dental care for Laminate Veneer.
Porcelain laminate veneers are a form of treatment to eliminate aesthetic problems, especially in front teeth. We can summarize the main application areas as follows:
· Due to various reasons and tooth color changes that cannot be eliminated by tooth whitening,
· As an alternative to orthodontic treatment, in tooth alignment disorders and some crooked teeth,
· Closing the gaps (diastema) between the front teeth,
· Due to abrasion or lengthening of naturally short teeth,
· In the restoration of worn teeth due to erosion,
· Various types of enamel tissue disorders,
· In cases where there are no lateral incisors, canine teeth are processed as lateral and small molars are processed as canine teeth to ensure normal anterior tooth symmetry,
· In the removal of unhealthy and non-aesthetic fillings on the front faces of the teeth,
· In cases where teeth are broken due to trauma,
In short, porcelain laminate veneers can be applied in many cases that disturb the patient in terms of aesthetics and can give the patient an aesthetic smile.
Undoubtedly, its biggest advantage is that it is a conservative procedure. It can be applied by removing very little material such as 0.3-0.7 mm from the tooth. Apart from this, we can briefly summarize its advantages.
· Since very little tooth tissue will be removed, the sensitivity to hot and cold will remain at a minimum. In fact, this type of sensitivity does not occur in most of cases.
· Porcelain is a solid, non-discoloring, and abrasion-resistant material. Its color does not change due to factors such as tea, coffee, cigarettes. Therefore, porcelain laminate veneers can be used for many years without changing color and without structural changes.
· Since the chewing surfaces of the teeth are not touched and the natural structure is not damaged, the adjustment period is very short. The patient does not lose his natural tooth feeling.
· Although porcelain is a fragile material in structure, when it adheres to enamel chemically, it becomes very resistant to stretching and pulling forces. Therefore, it is not very easy to fall off.
· Another advantage of porcelain laminate veneers is that we have the chance to show the change that will occur by preparing the model of the teeth without any operation on the tooth.
· Thanks to the light transmission feature, the closest image to the natural tooth appears.
· Porcelain laminate veneers are very fine porcelains. For this reason, endurance problems may arise in patients with excessive tooth clenching habit (bruxism).
· It may not be possible to treat teeth with excessive perpendicularity and rotation with the lamina. In this case, orthodontic treatment or zirconium supported porcelain should be done.
· Since there is not enough enamel support as a result of decay or trauma, it will not leave enough adhesion area for laminate veneers, it would be more correct to apply.
· Because chemical adhesion will not be at a high level in milk teeth and teeth with excessive fluorosis, durability problems may occur.
· Teeth that have not completed their eruption should be expected to fully erupt.
A certain period cannot be given for Laminate Veneer. The service life usually depends on many parameters such as the patient's tooth structure and application area. However, in any case, dental care should not be disrupted. It will be long-lasting as long as a doctor's check every 6 months is not neglected. Besides, the quality of the toothbrush and toothpaste used in oral and dental care also affects the life of the Laminate Veneer. In adition, things like breaking something on the teeth or crushing something hard should never be done.